Eyes are a very sensitive part of our body. Long term exposure to the sun causes various eye problems. So it is very important to protect our eyes with the help of sunglasses. Some people think that wearing sunglasses means fashion or style.
Many people do not know the importance of sunglasses to protect the eyes, not for fashion. It protects our eyes from ultraviolet radiation coming from sun rays. There are wearing sunglasses benefits for protecting our eyes from various ailments.
Wearing Sunglasses Benefits
- Protect from Eye Diseases : Sunglasses protect us against various eye problems like cataract to glaucoma, skin cancer. The skin around our eyes is very sensitive which can be damaged by sunlight. About 10 percent of skin cancers are caused in the area around the eyeball. Large sunglasses protect skin around your eye. Sunglasses protect the eye from cataract. According to the glaucoma research foundation, prolonged exposure to sun ultraviolet rays plays important roles in the development of cataract. Ultraviolet exposure to the eyes makes symptoms of glaucoma more prominent. Cataract is a condition in which there is a cloudy area in the lens of the eyeball. Glaucoma is a disease which is caused due to damage to the optic nerve which ultimately causes blindness. So sunglasses protect your eyes from those conditions during sunlight exposure.
- Protect from Dust : The sunlight is not the only thing which causes damage to your eyes. When you are outside, you may get dust, sand particles, wind, small insects or dirt in your eyes.When dust particles enter in your eyes, it causes discomfort, burning watering from eye and your eye may become red.Due to itching, rubbing of the eyes causes physical damage to the eye. So wearing sunglasses protects your eyes from physical damage.
- Protection After Surgery : Doctors recommend use of black sunglasses after surgical treatment on the eyes.It is mandatory to use sunglasses after cataract surgery or LASIK surgery for protection of eyes from ultraviolet rays and physical particles from the air.
- Reduces Headache and Migraine : Bright sunlight exposure causes severe headache and migraine. Wearing sunglasses regularly when you go outside protects you from the problem of headache. Wearing sunglasses reduces stress over the eyeball which ultimately reduces headache. Many people have symptoms of headache when they go out in the sunlight, wearing sunglasses at such times will help them to keep their headache away.
- Safe Driving : Eyes are protected from wind, rain and sunlight when you use sunglasses while riding a bike. It becomes very comfortable to drive after wearing sunglasses. Avoid wearing sunglasses to wear at night as it will be uncomfortable and dangerous.