Iron rich Foods for Hemoglobin : Hemoglobin is a protein which contains iron which is a component of the human blood. Hemoglobin functions for the transport of oxygen from lungs to tissues and carbon dioxide from tissues to the lung. So the level of the hemoglobin must be normal for a healthy life.
Lower levels of hemoglobin in the blood leads to weakness, fatigue, headache, lethargy, loss of appetite, shortness of the breath and low heart rate.
If the hemoglobin levels are low then the condition is known as anemia in which your body will not get sufficient oxygen due to which you feel tired all the time. Serious problems may occur with further low hemoglobin levels.
You can increase your blood hemoglobin level by making some food addition in your diet which contains iron.
Iron Rich Foods For Boosting Hemoglobin Levels
- Meat : Adequate animal protein rapidly increases the level of hemoglobin in your blood. Red meat like mutton is the best source of iron which is responsible for production of hemoglobin in the body. Chicken also provides a huge amount of iron to the body.
- Iron Rich Foods : Iron deficiency in the body causes lower hemoglobin levels in the blood. Iron is one of the important elements for the production of hemoglobin. Iron rich foods like eggs, apple, pomegranate, watermelon, pumpkin seeds, olives, dates, we should add in your diet.
- Sea Food : Sea food is rich in iron and minerals. So seafood like fish, oyster in your diet can help to increase iron levels in your body. Shellfish has low calories but rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals. Shellfish is also good for health of heart and brain.
- Vitamin C : Low levels of vitamin C leads to lower levels of iron as without the help of vitamin C, Iron is not absorbed fully. Orange, lemon, strawberry, papaya, lemon, broccoli, grapes and tomato are rich sources of Vitamin C.
- Folic Acid : Folic acid is a type of vitamin B complex. It is essential for the production of the red blood cells. Folic acids are mainly found in green leafy vegetables, rice, banana, nuts and green cauliflower.
- Apple : Hemoglobin level of the blood can be maintained by eating an apple a day. Apple contains iron, fiber and various other nutrients. You can mix apple and beetroot which also helps to increase hemoglobin level.
- Green Leafy Vegetables : Eating fresh green vegetables everyday will provide a good source of vitamin, minerals and iron. Broccoli, Tomato, Pumpkin seeds and Beetroot, Spinach are rich sources of iron which you must consume in your diet. Vegetables also contain antioxidants which are protective against cancer.
- Dark Chocolate : Dark chocolate also contains a lot of iron. Chocolate is the favorite of most people. Flavanol present in dark chocolate is responsible for increase in hemoglobin levels.
So addition of those foods in your diet can improve your hemoglobin levels and your life become healthy and you will not suffer from fatigue and weakness.